It seems that there are as many new diets coming out as there are weeks in a year. However, I would say that many have one thing in common although they do very in protein, carb and fat amount, they still advocate to load up on veggies. So today I eat in moderation with major focus on VEGGIES.
- 2 large eggplants, peeled and sliced
- 4 large zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 4 large yellow squash, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 5 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, cut into 4 parts
- 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup organic free-range turkey broth or use vegetable for vegan option
- To Make Marinara: Place all ingredients into a high speed blender (I use Blendtec) and pulse until everything is uniform. About 15 times.
- To Make Fall Veggie Marinara Bake: Pore 1/4 of the Marinara sauce into the bottom of the pan. Layer the bake in the following order: eggplant, spinach, squash, and zucchini and pore 1/5 of the Mariana sauce between each layer. Bake in a pre-heated oven (220 C or 450 F) for 35-40 min.
- Enjoy as is or pair with Honey Tamarind Chicken, Beefy Stir Fry with Mushrooms, Peppers, and Sweet Peas or Grilled Filet Mignon!
Sharing is caring!!! Please click like, subscribe and share with your family and friends through our user friendly social media sharing buttons.