I always loved Belgian waffles. There is something decadent about the thick and chewy texture that takes you to your childhood where you were happy and care free. And I always wanted to re-create that taste. So here I present to you: POPN Paleo | Caramel Belgian Waffles with a hint of spice. I am sure you are asking but where is caramel flavor coming from – we are using Date Paste to create that unique and sought after flavor. Keep in mind before you dive into cooking, I know I could not wait, Belgian waffles are much more dense and the batter will be thicker compared to regular waffles.
And here were are… below are the keys to the absolutely the best post workout snack or when you just want to feel like a kid again. All that and still amazingly good with all Paleo friendly ingredients – enjoy responsibly 🙂
I used a waffle maker for this recipe so if you do not have one here are a few recommendations:
- On a budget at around $25:
- Heart shaped waffle goodness at under $60:
- Versatile griddle for all your grilling and baking needs only for $101:
POPN Paleo Goodness:
- 6 tbsp. unsweetened organic coconut milk, warm to touch but not burning
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 7 grams/1 packet instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour | I use Honeyville Blanched Almond Meal Flour
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice salt-free blend
- 2 tbsp. organic vanilla flavoring | alcohol and sugar free
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic ghee, melted
- 1 cup date paste or 1/2 cup honey or coconut nectar
POPN Paleo Method:
- Mix honey and soy milk, then add the yeast. Set it aside for 5 min, so yeast can rehydrate and activate.
- In a separate bowl mix the rest of the ingredients until uniform and fold in yeasty mixture.
- Set aside for 30 min. Preheat waffle maker to 350F and cook tablespoons of goodness for 3 min.
Liked this post? Then click “Like” button below and do not forget to subscribe to Free2BFIt360 log feed to keep you inspired to live healthy and happy!!!
Readers who read this also liked:
- POP Nutrition | Caramelized Onions, Brussels Sprouts and Chicken Saute
- Pilo-Yoga | 101 Series | Rollback with Standing Splits
- POP Nutrition | Beefy Stir Fry with Mushrooms, Peppers, and Sweet Peas
- POP Nutrition | Upside down Buffalo Sheppard Pie
- POP Nutrition | Cauliflower Pizza Bake
- POPN Paleo | Savory Crapes (Gluten and Dairy Free)
- POPN Paleo | Cranberry-Lime Muffins
- POPN Paleo | Flaxberry Picker Upper Smoothy
- POPN Paleo | Cocolicious White Brownie Squares
- POP Nutrition | Paleo Savory Potato Pancakes – Potato Free