Holiday are around the corner and the Autumn breeze is calling for comfort and heat. So here is a recipe one of my son’s favorite cookies – Gingerbread Man Cookies:
- 2 s/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 3/4 double acting aluminum free baking soda
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup melted ghee
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- Combine all wet ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl sift all dry ingredients. Fold into wet and mix until even consistency. Cover with wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 4 hr or put in the freezer for 10 min if short on time.
- Flour the surface and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough – about 1/2 centimeter in width or 1/4 inch. Use a cut outs to make the shape. Really you can use anything to make it look round or square, it does not matter.
- Pre-heat over to 350 F or 186 C. Line cookie sheet with foil and place your ginger bread man. Cook for 15 min. Enjoy!