Today is the carb refuel days. I am doing 3 days low carb + 1 day carb re-fuel day (in week 1). This will be the cycle for the next 3 weeks and then I will switch up to 2 days low carb + 1 day refuel. The goal of carb cycling is to loose fat while maintaining lean muscle mass.That brings me to today’s treat – Fussili with Creme Fraiche Mushroom Buffalo Sauce. I use Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta (get it shipped free from amazon) it comes in a variety of shapes and forms and you will not notice the difference. It passed even my dad and son’s radar and they gobble it up like regular pasta.
- 1 cup Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta – Fussili
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 gloves of garlic
- 8 oz creme fraiche
- 1 onion
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 lb. buffalo (ground) meat
- 2 tbsp. olive or other organic oil
- 1 tsp. garlic granules
- 1 tsp. dried parsley or fresh bunch
- 1 tsp. organic onion flakes
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. dried bay leave
- Boil the water and add pasta. Cooked on low for 5 min or more. I prefer mine overcooked wile I like my rice undercooked. Got it backwards 🙂
- In a heavy bottom pan on low heat add oil, chopped onions and simmer on low for 5 minutes, mixing periodically.
- Add chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, spices, cream frache, and ground buffalo. Mix well, cover and simmer on low for 15 min. Open the pan raise the heat so that some moisture form tomatoes ad beef evaporates. Cook stirring for another 15 min or until the sauce thickens.
- Fold in pasta, mix well, and enjoy with cheese or not. 🙂
Esse Libere Fitness – Free2BFit